How to ALWAYS shop on Nintendo 3DS and WiiU | Online Store Closing Guide
Can’t give up the 3DS or WiiU yet? You can still make purchases through 2023 with this method.
You can still make purchases on your Nintendo 3DS or WiiU. The eShop is closing as planned, with credit cards and gift cards no longer available on the system’s digital download store – you can still visit the store, but you unable to add funds. If you still want to buy digital games on your Nintendo 3DS, there is one method available to you: link your 3DS account to your Switch account. By linking your Nintendo Accounts, you can add funds to the 3DS and continue making purchases. It’s your only option if you’re eager to buy one of the amazing 3DS games still available on the service.
Prices for Nintendo 3DS games are rising rapidly on the used market, so if you want to play Ace Attorney Vs. Layton or any other extremely expensive game, your best option is to buy from the 3DS eShop at a reasonable price. . The service is packed with amazing bite-sized gaming experiences that only cost a handful of dollars, so grab them before the service shuts down completely. March 27, 2023. This is the last day you can use the service. Until then, you can still transfer funds or spend the funds you have.
How to Shop on the 3DS/WiiU eShop
The 3DS Online Store no longer allows adding funds with credit cards or gift cards. If you already have funds available on the 3DS eShop, you can still spend money – and you can add funds through other methods. By link nintendo accountsyou will be able add funds which will then appear on the 3DS Online Store. We will explain the full process in the guide below.
For more help, this method is described in detail on this GameXplain 3DS eShop video on Youtube.
- Step 1: Link your Nintendo Account
- On your nintendo switchgo to User settings -> Suggestions from friends -> Select the Nintendo 3DS / WiiU icon
- Select “Next” on one of these tabs and follow the instructions.
- Login and you will link your Nintendo Network ID (3DS/WiiU Account) to your Nintendo Account (To change)
Now that your Nintendo Accounts are linkedyou will share friends list and funds. You can add funds to your Nintendo Switch and these funds will appear when you check the 3DS / WiiU Online Store. To do this you must Merge Funds.
- 2nd step: How to Merge Funds
- Open the Change online store and go to Settings (top right icon) to see your Funds available.
- On the Funds available section, select the option to Merge Funds — this will merge funds with the 3DS / WiiU Online Store.
Now you can add funds to Nintendo Switch, and backgrounds will appear on 3DS/WiiU. This also has the added benefit of recovering any funds you had left on the 3DS/WiiU so you can spend them on the Nintendo Switch. But that’s a problem most of us won’t have.